“If I had an hour to save the world I would spend 59 minutes defining the problem and one minute finding solutions”
- Al Einstein

Monday, November 8, 2010

Compelling Problems

   So I've stumbled into the math teacher blogosphere, and I like what I see. I like it so much that I steal lessons, videos, pictures, and even entire grading systems. So far, though, I've been engaging with the Web 2.0 world in a very Web 1.0 way, so I figure it's time to give back.

   After having my world opened to the kinds of compelling problems that excite and pull my students into the process, I'm hungry for more. I figure the more voices in the conversation the more great ideas that will come out of it, even if one those voices is just my own. To do my part, I'm trying desperately to train myself to spot mathematical applications in the wild. Maybe blogging about it will keep my eyes open...

No comments:

Post a Comment